Simple Skillet Zucchini Squash
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into thick slices and then quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt (optional)
- fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium-large skillet, heat oil and then add onions and zucchini.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 or 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add water, beef bullion granules, and salt. Cover and cook 15 minutes. (Check on zucchini during cooking and add more water if needed.).
- Remove lid and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, until any remaining water is absorbed.
- Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a full-time mom to an amazing 5-year-old boy who is too smart for his own good and a beautiful 1-year-old little girl. I am married to the love of my life, who always keeps me on my toes and keeps me laughing. i cherish every moment i get to spend with my family. I love to bake, so you'll catch me searching for lots of recipes for all sorts of sweets. My boys are both picky eaters, so I'm always looking for ways to hide veggies in whatever I can!!! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">