Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
98 oz total
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1 inch pieces (do not peel potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium summer squash, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (8 oz. total)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled white wine or 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup italian vinaigrette or 1⁄3 cup other oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch squares
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- In a large skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until tender and brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Spoon potatoes into serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To same skillet add summer squash.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Pour viniagrette dressing over potatoes and summer squash.
- Add sweet pepper, tomatoes, parsley anf thyme.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Top with thyme sprigs if desired.
This was an incredible salad, secret. The potatoes were soft and tender with an excellent roasted flavor. I used 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini squash. I also used a white wine vinaigrette which made for a very zesty taste. I love the use of fresh thyme, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe. This is now a new favorite of mine.