Recipe by ccferne
Another from Fannie Farmer (1965). Do you sense that I'm getting rid of that tattered volume and saving the best of it here? Fannie suggests cooking and serving this in an electric skillet which can go "on the buffet for a party." I like to use lo-fat or non-fat evaporated milk in place of milk or cream for most creamed dishes and cream sauces.
- 4 -5 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or cream)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and dice into a skillet.
- Add boiling water and salt.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and simmer until water has almost evaporated.
- Add milk or cream.
- Season to taste. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring gently with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.