Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
Very simple and fast to put together, you can have dinner ready in a snap. Serve over any kind of rice or pasta to finish the dish. Low in fat and calories!
Top Review by FiaNia
Great easy recipe! Made on a whim because I needed something to do with the stewed tomatoes DH wanted to eat. The recipe itself would be a little bland for our taste. So I added red pepper flakes, used chicken quarters, added zucchini, and added italian spices. I also didn't have italian so I used greek with Feta.. Yummy!! Next time I will add some garlic and salt and let the chicken marinade for a few hours. It's watery but I think if it marinated longer, it wouldn't matter. Or maybe I need to cook at a lower temp for a little longer. Any way around it, excellent quick base of a recipe!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and salad dressing. Set aside in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Warm oil in a medium skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until no longer pink, turning occasionally.
- Stir in reserved marinade and tomatoes with juice.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until a thermometer in thickest portion registers 160 degrees and juices run clear.