I found this recipe in Women's World Dec. 9,2003 issue. This is a very tasty dish and low in fat.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except for the phyllo dough, oil and breadcrumbs.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough in the pie dish.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 Tbs breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with phyllo, oil and breadcrumbs until all are used.
- Place spinach mixture into pie dish.
- Fold the edges of phyllo dough over to seal.
- Cut 4 steam vents in top of dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made some fresh ricotta yesterday and wanted to use it in something special so, I made this spinach pie for the first time...OH MY GOSH! This was not only easy but it was absolutely DELICIOUS. My family loved it too. I did use fresh steamed spinach and I made sure to squeeze all the water out and it worked out perfectly.Reply
see 6 more