Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a fantastic quick 1 skillet recipe for chicken and rice. Once you serve your family this savory treat, it is going to be requested over and over. It's just plain mouth watering. For added richness, you can subsitute the water with chicken broth.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- Brown chicken with butter in skillet and place chicken on the side.
- Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in soup, water, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
This is one of my all time favorites also. Been making it for many years. Except in my recipe there are no mushrooms or parsley instead I have onions in mine. Mine is baked in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes.