This sounds delicious and super easy to make. It uses low-fat ingredients whenever possible to cut back on fat and calories. For more recipes, check out the Six Sisters' Stuff site!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped (or season with Onion powder or minced onion)
- 2 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas, torn up (8 inches)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, corn, taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover the meat mixture with half of the torn up tortillas. Cover with half of the meat mixture, and 3/4 c cheese.
- Repeat this layer one more time with remaining tortillas and meat.
- The last & final layer should be the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.