1/1 Photo of Six Sisters Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
PSU Lioness's Note:
This sounds delicious and super easy to make. It uses low-fat ingredients whenever possible to cut back on fat and calories. For more recipes, check out the Six Sisters' Stuff site!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped (or season with Onion powder or minced onion)
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas, torn up (8 inches)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained or 1 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, corn, taco seasoning and cumin.
- 4Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 5Cover the meat mixture with half of the torn up tortillas. Cover with half of the meat mixture, and 3/4 c cheese.
- 6Repeat this layer one more time with remaining tortillas and meat.
- 7The last & final layer should be the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 8Cover with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- 9Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Six Sisters Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 760.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium taco seasoning
low-fat Mexican cheese blend