1/1 Photo of Sister Schubert's Parker House Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
I recently discovered Sister Schubert's dinner rolls in the freezer section of our local grocery store and they are delicious and so soft! However, they recently stopped carrying them so I was so happy to find this recipe. I have not tried it yet, but will real soon. Prep time is just a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast and warm water in two cup liquid measuring cup and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Combine 4 cups of sifted flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in yeast mixture and shortening.
- 4Add eggs and remaining 1 cup of flour and stir vigorously until well blended.
- 5Dough will be soft and sticky.
- 6Brush dough with some of the melted butter and cover loosely.
- 7Let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- 8Grease four 8" round cake pans and set aside.
- 9Sift 3/4 cup of flour in a thick layer evenly over work surface.
- 10Turn dough out onto surface; it will be soft.
- 11Sift 1/2 cup of flour evenly over dough.
- 12Roll dough to 1/2" thickness and brush off excess flour.
- 13Cut out dough using a floured 2" biscuit cutter.
- 14Pull each round into an oval, approximately 2 1/2" long.
- 15Dip one side of oval into melted butter and fold oval in half with buttered side facing out.
- 16For each pan, place the fold side of 10 rolls against the side of the pan, pressing center fronts of rolls together gently to seal.
- 17Place 5 rolls in inner circle and 1 in the middle for a total of 16 rolls per pan.
- 18Cover loosely and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 19Preheat oven to 400° and bake rolls uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sister Schubert's Parker House Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 69.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g