Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
I named this dish after our cook. It is another way to curry eggs, simple to cook.
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fresh chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 small onions, finely sliced
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put coconut,cumin, coriander, chili, turmeric and garam masala into a blender with the water. Blend to a paste.
- Whisk the eggs and add the onion, green chillies, pepper and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and make a thin omelet with the egg mixture.Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Cut the omelet into 1-inch wide strips, roll the strips up into individual rolls.
- Fry the onions in a little oil till golden brown, add the spice paste and cook for 3 minutes, do not allow the paste to stick to the pan, add a little oil or water if the paste starts to stick.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes Add the vinegar, salt and 3 cups of water simmer for 10 minutes Add the coriander leaves and omelet rolls and cook over low heat 3 minutes.
- Serve with curry and boiled rice.