Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Filipino recipe is normally served at breakfast. Quick and easy to make, this recipe will make everyone's day a great one.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped or 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled (made at least a day previous)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (optional)
- 4 green onions, white and green parts finely chopped
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Whisk eggs with 1 tbsp water in small bowl.
- Coat wok or large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs, tilting to coat bottom of pan, and cook 3 to 5 minutes (like an omelet), or until firm and set.
- Transfer eggs to cutting board, and cut into 2 inch strips.
- Add oil to pan, and increase heat to medium. Stir in chopped garlic, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often.
- Add rice, increase heat to high, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until rice begins to brown. Stir in the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in green onions, then eggs.