Recipe by Vicki in CT
I have tried many variations of making the perfect salsa and this seems to be a great success among friends and family.
Top Review by Chilicat
This is excellent! And coming from Southern Arizona, I've tasted a LOT of salsa! I love that it's so easy to prepare, and the taste is wonderful. I didn't look over the ingredients closely enough before I went grocery shopping and had to use regular tomato sauce, but next time I'll get the El Pato for sure. It was pretty mild with just the one jalapeno (seeds and all) so I added a little chile powder to boost the heat a bit. The cilantro is a must. This is the salsa recipe I've been looking for!
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, diced fine
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, I use petite diced
- 7 3⁄4 ounces tomato sauce (Mexican Style Hot Sauce, I use El Pato Brand)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, stem removed and cut coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3/4 of the can of tomatoes, tomato sauce, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic in food processor. Pulse until completely pureed. If you like a milder sauce do not include jalapeno seeds.
- In bowl combine remaining portion of canned tomatoes, processed sauce, and diced onion. Add salt to taste.
- It is better the next day.
- Serve with corn chips.