This is one of the simplest, yet most satisfying recipes I have found. This is a good basic soup. For a hearty twist, add some cheddar cheese, to taste.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, then add broccoli.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; Set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Stir constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup american or cheddar cheese, if desired.
Just finished making this and was so easy and delicious! Thank you and will def make again.
This certainly is an ultra-basic recipe, but it's yummy and satisfying. Great for when you're craving a thick, creamy soup and want it quickly. I love that it uses all basic ingredients that I always have around. I did throw in a handful of cheddar cheese as mentioned in the intro. This was delicious; thanx!