1/3 Photos of Simply Perfect Cream of Broccoli Soup
Chef Heather's Note:
This is one of the simplest, yet most satisfying recipes I have found. This is a good basic soup. For a hearty twist, add some cheddar cheese, to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring chicken broth to a boil, then add broccoli.
- 2Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 3Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; Set aside.
- 4In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and stir occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 6Stir in flour.
- 7Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Stir constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Add broccoli and cook until heated thoroughly.
- 9Add 1 cup american or cheddar cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Perfect Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 532.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g