- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, then add broccoli.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; Set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Stir constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup american or cheddar cheese, if desired.