1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Blueberry Pie
Grooved Pavement's Note:
After trying many recipes, I have finally come up with the ultimate blueberry pie recipe. It is incredibly simple with few ingredients to let the blueberry flavor shine through without being too thick or too runny.
My Private Note
nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Press one of the pie crusts into a 9" glass pie dish, making sure to press the bottom and sides gently against the glass dish.
- 3Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- 4Add the blueberry mixture to the pie plate, sprinkling excess flour, sugar and spices evenly over the berries. Spread out berry mixture so it is fairly even in the dish.
- 5Take the second pie crust and lay it over the pie, folding the meeting edges of dough over to make a seal. Crimp the edges with your fingers or by placing fork tines against it to ensure the crust is sealed.
- 6Using a knife or fork, cut a few slits in the top pie dough so steam can escape from the pie.
- 7Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until pie is golden brown. After 20 minutes of baking, you may want to use a pie shield or aluminum foil to cover the pie edges if they start to brown too quickly.
- 8Cool completely to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Blueberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g