Recipe by Grooved Pavement
After trying many recipes, I have finally come up with the ultimate blueberry pie recipe. It is incredibly simple with few ingredients to let the blueberry flavor shine through without being too thick or too runny.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or more, depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Press one of the pie crusts into a 9" glass pie dish, making sure to press the bottom and sides gently against the glass dish.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- Add the blueberry mixture to the pie plate, sprinkling excess flour, sugar and spices evenly over the berries. Spread out berry mixture so it is fairly even in the dish.
- Take the second pie crust and lay it over the pie, folding the meeting edges of dough over to make a seal. Crimp the edges with your fingers or by placing fork tines against it to ensure the crust is sealed.
- Using a knife or fork, cut a few slits in the top pie dough so steam can escape from the pie.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until pie is golden brown. After 20 minutes of baking, you may want to use a pie shield or aluminum foil to cover the pie edges if they start to brown too quickly.
- Cool completely to room temperature before serving.