Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great spring dish when sugar snap peas are in season! Nice veggie side instead of the usual corn or green beans, etc. Simple, easy and quick.
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest or 1⁄4 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, add sugar snap peas and cook for one minute; drain and plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a skillet large enough to hold the sugar snap peas.
- Add the lemon zest or fresh mint.
- Put sugar snap peas in the skillet and toss with the butter mixture; gently heat until sugar snap peas are hot, about 2 minutes.