Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Toss a few things in a bowl and jazz up a simple supper. When I brought this to the table, my kids said, "What? A gourmet meal?" It's so easy to please some people!
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- your favorite salad dressing
- Snip spinach and lettuce leaves.
- Snip olives.
- Cut off a hunk of cheese, and cut into crumbles.
- Add olives and cheese to lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Toss lightly then drizzle favorite dressing or let each diner add at the table.
- Options: use Swiss chard instead of spinach. Try Romaine, red leaf or other specialty lettuces.
- Other olives could be substituted for the Kalamata (but not recommended---this was SO good with the Kalamata).
Very nice salad. I made this as the base to another spinach salad, and really enjoyed it. Simple and easy.
VERY good! I made this up to go with our chicken dish last night and had leftovers. So for lunch I added some cubed chicken, added grape tomatoes, and used a Balsamic Vinegerette. YUM!
This was SIMPLE and TASTY! I used a balsamic vinegarette. Thanks for this QUICK dinner salad recipe. Made for Photo tag.