Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I invented this recipe when I bought a bottle of ranch dressing by accident. =] My dressing was "peppercorn ranch" so I didn't use any pepper, and the dressing has plenty of salt for my taste, but season as you'd like. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 small cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving to let flavors blend.
This is so different and so yummy. I made half the recipe and used just a little bit of jalapeno. I omitted the cumin. The flavors are so good the next day. Thanks mayness :) Made for PAC spring 2011