Fried Portabella Mushroom Strips
photo by queenofeats
- Ready In:
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms. Slice into 1/2" thick strips.
- Put flour in zip loc bag. Add mushroom slices (6-8 at a time) and shake to coat. Remove from bag and shake off excess flour.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl and dip each mushroom slice to coat.
- Mix Panko crumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and parmasan in a zip loc bag. Add mushrooms (again 6-8 at a time) and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 300 degrees. Fry mushroom strips in small batches until golden and crispy (turn after a couple of minutes). Can also be pan fried.
- Drain and immediately salt to taste.
- Serve with low fat Peppercorn Ranch dressing for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't find where to give a fifteen star review, so I'll have to settle for five. This was one of the best recipes we've tried from Zaar so far, and it couldn't have been easier. If you love mushrooms, particularly the fried mushrooms they serve in many restaurants, give this one a go - you will not be disappointed! I personally will add a little more garlic powder to mine for all subsequent attempts, but aside from that, this is a perfect recipe as far as I'm concerned. My only disappointment is that I am absolutely certain that I will never be able to try them left over...! Thank you Mitch, we'll be in mushroom heaven from now on!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Father of two boys. I have owned a baby/kids furniture store for the past twelve years. I do all the cooking and shopping for the family. Cooking is my way of relaxing after a stressful day. And believe me...12 years of dealing with hormones on a daily basis can be stressful! <br> <br>Used to weigh 300 lbs but had a gastric banding about four years ago and now am at 165 lbs. These days I get accused of making EVERYONE ELSE FAT by cooking for them and not eating! <br> <br>Having been a large person I find it horrifying when other large people are treated without respect and dignity.