Recipe by flygirl #5
I had a craving for sangria and I found this on about.com. I just clarified the directions a little bit. It's a very simple recipe. Ideally you want to chill overnight but I tried after seven hours (couldn't wait) and I thought it tasted really good. Time doesn't include chilling.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz we use a cheap shiraz)
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy (one shot)
- 2 cups ginger ale (or club soda)
- 1 lemon (or orange, sliced for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the orange and lemon into thin slices. You can also cut them into smaller pieces (wedges) if you wish. Throw out the ends and any seeds.
- Pour wine into large pitcher, slightly squeeze fruit juice into the wine. Put fruit into the pitcher.
- Add the sugar and brandy.
- Stir and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve add the ginger ale and stir gently.
- Add lemon or orange slices as a garnish (optional).