Summer Sangria & Classic Sangria
photo by Queen Dana
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 (750 ml) bottles dry white wine
- 1 (750 ml) bottle club soda, chilled
- 1 cup honeydew melon, balls,or chunks
- 1 cup cantaloupe ball, or chunks
- 1⁄2 cup lemon slice, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lime slice, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange slice, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberry, whole (no leaves)
- 15 ice cubes
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 6 orange slices, thickly sliced
- 6 lemon slices, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 750 ml club soda, chilled
- 30 ice cubes
- Summer Sangria.
- In a large chilled pitcher, combine the sugar, orange liqueur, brandy and white wine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve slowly stir in club soda to taste.
- Add all the fruit and ice cubes and ENJOY.
- Classic Sangria.
- In a large chilled pitcher, combine the red wine, orange and lemon slices, triple sec and brandy with 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Before serving add club soda and ice, taste and adjust sugar or soda as preferred.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a good Sangria - made it for ZWT8 and am sitting at my dining room table sipping it while looking out over the ocean. Soooo relaxing and the sangria is the perfect accompaniment. I followed the recipe for the Classic Sangria, but did add some diced apples because I LOVE the taste of them when they've been steeping in the brew! Thanks, Baby Kato!
I made the Classic Sangria last night, and it was good! At first, I thought the red wine flavour was taking over everything a bit much, so I added a little extra of the brandy and cointreau (I couldn't get triple sec), and an extra cup of soda water, and it was perfect! [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]
We made the summer sangria, and served it at an engagement party we hosted. We weren't drinking, but the the guests really enjoyed it. We forgot the strawberries in the fridge, but I'm sure that would've made it even better! Oops! Gives us a good excuse to do it again! Thanks for a nice twist on classic sangria, Baby Kato!
Had 3 couples for dinner tonight and made this.. We went through the first pitcher of Classic Sangria in no time, so made another pitcher. It was awesome!!! Was great with our Cabernet-Shiraz. Everyone enjoyed it-One guy even asked how I made it as he wants to make it. A perfect light warm summer night drink. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.