Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles, with parsley
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- In large bowl, mix thoroughly 1/4 cup soup, the beef, bread crumbs, onion and egg.
- Shape firmly into 6 oval patties of even thickness.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt margarine.
- Cook half of the patties until browned on both sides.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
- Spoon off fat.
- In same skillet, add remaining soup and mushrooms; bring to boil.
- Return patties to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes or until patties are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink, turning patties occasionally.
- Serve patties with mushroom sauce spooned over.
- Serve with noodles.
- Garnish with parsley.
This is the best tasting salisbury steak I've ever tried. If I could give it more then 5 stars I would.
This was so good and so simple! I served it with rice, and my whole family raved over it.
Dave you did it again. This was indeed simple. Only problem I saw was not enough sauce. I had to add a little bit of water to thin it out. Loved all the mushrooms in it. I will make this again.