Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know if this is where it originates, but our Thanksgiving company that was visiting from Portugal made this salad and it was awesome, simply put. I only knew what was in the salad, not the amounts, so I just eyeballed the amounts.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into about 1-2 inch pieces
- olive oil (probably about 1/4 cup)
- balsamic vinegar (probably about 1/3 cup)
- salt (preferably kosher salt)
- Devein, wash, dry and rip lettuce into pieces.
- Place a single layer, roughly, into a salad bowl and sprinkle with salt. Repeat layering and salting process with remaining lettuce.
- Add onion.
- Drizzle on olive oil and then balsamic vinegar to your liking.
This sounds really strange, but it's REALLY good. It doesn't taste nearly as salty as you'd think it would, but I love love love the flavor. As easy as this is, I'll definitely be making it often. Thanks!