Not a fully authentic version but quick and ideal for using up leftover rice. For a more filling dish add some cubes of tofu and stir fry in the onion paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Place in a pan with 600ml water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 mins, all the water should have been absorbed. Spread out the rice in a shallow dish and allow to cool.
- 2Heat a wok and beat the eggs. Scramble the eggs, remove and set aside.
- 3Place the garlic, half the chilli and half the onion in a blender and process to a coarse paste. Heat the ground nut oil and fry the paste for 1 minute.
- 4Add the remaining onion and chilli, pepper and carrots. Stir fry for 2 minutes Add the cold rice and fry for a further 3 mins until the grains are separated and all the ingredients mixed well.
- 5Add soy, spring onions and egg and fry for a further 3 mins so all is combined and the rice is hot.
- 6Serve as is or garnished with coriander.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Nasi Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 565.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g