Recipe by Athenasolives
This recipe came from a friend who cooks nothing but mexican food. It's the staple "orange" rice -perfect side dish.
Top Review by trick
Yummy! I used a can of chicken broth instead of waterr, and put in cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and cilantro leaves. This recipe was perfect...the one I've been wanting for ever. Thanks for posting.
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (or one cube)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan (use just enough to have thin layer).
- Put rice in pan, brown.
- Add water, bouillon, and tomato sauce – mix well.
- Let boil.
- After it boils, turn down to lowest heat, cover.
- Check after about 10 minutes.
- Stir, let it finish cooking.
- Done when all water is absorbed.