Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked short-grain white rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent. Stir in the chili powder and cumin, and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the rice, chicken broth and tomato paste, and bring to a boil. Transfer to a 1 quart casserole dish, and cover with aluminum foil or a lid.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender. Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Very delicious and very easy!!! Love this! Made exactly as directed, except I melted some "shredded taco mix" cheese on top after it came out of the oven. Thanks for a great quick dish I will make again and again! [Made for New Kids on the Block Tag]