Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a basic hummus recipe that my friend and I came up with. We avoided adding a lot of unnecessary ingredients and enjoy our hummus on the thicker side. It's a good low-fat alternative to the usual hummus recipe. Feel free to add whatever you would like! :-)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more for a thinner consistency
- 1 garlic clove
- paprika (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Combine ingredients into food processor or blender.
- Add water/lemon juice as needed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with veggies, chips, pretzels - whatever you would like! Enjoy!
My first time making or eating hummus and I really enjoyed this! I don't care much for cilantro so used some cumin powder instead. I used smoked Spanish paprika and it was terrific in this. Served with thin Triscuits and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011