Pesto and Fresh Basil Hummus
photo by Shelley Lee
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 20 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- liquid, from chickpeas
- Place first 7 ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth, adding olive oil and/or liquid from the chickpeas to obtain desired consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping sides occasionally.
- Add fresh basil leaves and blend until they are incorporated well, about 2 minutes, adding liquid as needed.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. The longer this sits the more the flavors blend.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!