Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 canned jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice
- 3⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Roast Red Pepper (I broil mine in the oven for about 20 minutes) and then seal in a large gallon sized zipper bag for an additional 15 minutes. Remove skin & seeds.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Blend garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, jalapenos, garlic and all liquids in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the roasted red pepper and bowl of dry seasonings.
- Blend until smooth and desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with sliced red bell peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, crackers and/or pita chips! Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation