Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was looking for an easy fruit cobbler recipe on here yesterday, and didn't have all the ingredients for the ones I liked. So, I came up with my own version and love it.
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, I used cherry fruit cocktail
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Dump entire can of fruit into small casserole dish.
- Add flour, milk and sugar evenly to fruit. DO NOT STIR IT.
- Dot entire surface with butter.
- Bake until golden brown. About 45-50 minutes.
Thank you for saving a tired Mom of 4 sons and a husband who wanted something sweet fast!
I was wanting something sweet, but not very time consuming. And I really didn't want to make a trip to the store,so looking through my cabinets I came across a can of fruit cocktail. Did a search and came across this recipe, and decided to make it. And I have to say it turned out pretty good, but way too sweet for me.So if this is made again I'm going to cut back on the sugar to 1/8 of a cup, and cut back on the margarine to 1/8 of a cup also. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"