Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just a variation of many different recipes I've tried throughout the years. It's likely that all of these ingredients will be on hand, and total time spent for a great breakfast is less than 30 minutes.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- Mix dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Mix wet ingredients together and whisk into the dry ingredients. Batter will be extremely thick, so you can add a little more milk to lessen the consistency if you prefer, but assuming you got the flour measurement correct, 2 cups of milk always seems to be about perfect for me.
- I use a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter on the griddle. If you like very thick and fluffy pancakes you'll have to use a spatula or just bang the cup on the griddle a few times to get it all out.
- I use a cast iron griddle over gas burners, so I have to use very low heat, and each set of pancakes cooks faster and faster (Usually 2-4 minutes per side for me). Most people say to watch the bubbles on top and turn after they pop, but with pancakes this thick, it can be a little deceiving. I just check the bottom before flipping and once it's golden brown, I flip it. Also, because they are so thick, you want to give a little smash with your spatula once you flip to make sure the whole bottom is in contact with the griddle.
- I feel it is a must to use real butter and a good syrup, but these are really up to you.
I generally don't bother leaving written reviews, but for this recipe I just had to. It's absolutely perfect! Fluffy and light, beautiful flavor. My second batch I added some maple syrup along with the milk and it was gorgeous. This is now my go-to pancake recipe!
Popped all the ingredients into a blender, dropped some fresh blueberries onto them in the pan before flipping, and these were divine. Out of all of the recipes I've tried so far, these were definitely the fluffiest and tastiest. Thanks :)
This came together really quickly, very easy recipe with a great result. Was even able to make this for a quick weekday breakfast for my little one before school. She loved it!