Recipe by rashafaa
This is just a variation of many different recipes I've tried throughout the years. It's likely that all of these ingredients will be on hand, and total time spent for a great breakfast is less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by kryttle_bug
I generally don't bother leaving written reviews, but for this recipe I just had to. It's absolutely perfect! Fluffy and light, beautiful flavor. My second batch I added some maple syrup along with the milk and it was gorgeous. This is now my go-to pancake recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Mix wet ingredients together and whisk into the dry ingredients. Batter will be extremely thick, so you can add a little more milk to lessen the consistency if you prefer, but assuming you got the flour measurement correct, 2 cups of milk always seems to be about perfect for me.
- I use a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter on the griddle. If you like very thick and fluffy pancakes you'll have to use a spatula or just bang the cup on the griddle a few times to get it all out.
- I use a cast iron griddle over gas burners, so I have to use very low heat, and each set of pancakes cooks faster and faster (Usually 2-4 minutes per side for me). Most people say to watch the bubbles on top and turn after they pop, but with pancakes this thick, it can be a little deceiving. I just check the bottom before flipping and once it's golden brown, I flip it. Also, because they are so thick, you want to give a little smash with your spatula once you flip to make sure the whole bottom is in contact with the griddle.
- I feel it is a must to use real butter and a good syrup, but these are really up to you.