This is just a variation of many different recipes I've tried throughout the years. It's likely that all of these ingredients will be on hand, and total time spent for a great breakfast is less than 30 minutes.
My Private Note
1/4 Cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients and whisk together.
- 2Mix wet ingredients together and whisk into the dry ingredients. Batter will be extremely thick, so you can add a little more milk to lessen the consistency if you prefer, but assuming you got the flour measurement correct, 2 cups of milk always seems to be about perfect for me.
- 3I use a 1/4 cup to scoop the batter on the griddle. If you like very thick and fluffy pancakes you'll have to use a spatula or just bang the cup on the griddle a few times to get it all out.
- 4I use a cast iron griddle over gas burners, so I have to use very low heat, and each set of pancakes cooks faster and faster (Usually 2-4 minutes per side for me). Most people say to watch the bubbles on top and turn after they pop, but with pancakes this thick, it can be a little deceiving. I just check the bottom before flipping and once it's golden brown, I flip it. Also, because they are so thick, you want to give a little smash with your spatula once you flip to make sure the whole bottom is in contact with the griddle.
- 5I feel it is a must to use real butter and a good syrup, but these are really up to you.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple, Fast and Super Fluffy Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 626.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 12.3 g