Mom's Fluffy Pancakes
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- Measure flour into mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir well to blend.
- Combine beaten egg yolks, milk and butter in separate bowl.
- Add to blended dry ingredients.
- Beat with whisk until smooth.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Preheat no-stick pan to 350-375°F.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls.
- Cook until puffy and bubbly.
- Turn before bubbles break and cook other side.
- Serve with butter and real maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
8-15-2007 DH came in from a long hard day of working and said "I could eat pancakes." He really doesn't like them, and eats them only a couple of times a year. I knew we didn't have any pancake mix, so I got online and searched for an easy, fluffy pancake to make. I knew that by separating the eggs and beating the whites stiff, they would be light! So this is the recipe I chose. The results were perfect. ABSOLUTELY perfect! This is my new "from scratch" pancake recipe! I might try it with buttermilk, or maybe with part whole wheat flour if I want to make it healthier someday, but this it the one from now on! Thanks so much for posting!!!!! UPDATE: I made these with 1/2 white whole wheat flour and 1/2 all purpose flour, skim fat free milk, and Promise fat free butter spread. They were as wonderful as the original!