Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Pressed for time? Serve this elegant dish painlessly with your desired choice of mushrooms. Wonderful served over hot cooked egg noodles or rice and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Adapted from Southern Living 2007.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, tips cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms (or your desired choice of mushrooms)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Stir together beef tips and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 5 qt crock pot.
- Cook covered on HIGH for 4 hours or until beef is tender, stirring once after 2 hours.
- **Note: Stirring will prevent sticking and even distribution of ingredients.
This is very good! I've had similar versions, but this is one of the best. I love the addition of the fresh mushrooms and the wine. It gives it a nice rich flavor! Thanks for posting!