Recipe by Cookin'Diva
When my son went to college, I scoured cookbooks for the type of recipes that would fit his fast, simple approach to cooking. I loved the cookbook series called "A Man and A Can", and developed this recipe based on one of the "Man-Can" recipes that used a pint of French Onion Dip as a main ingredient in the sauce. Brilliant!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, raw, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, raw, sliced
- 12 ounces French onion dip, prepared, from refrigerator section
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse off chicken tenders; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle raw chicken with garlic salt and pepper. **Thyme is another great herb in this recipe, if you have it in your pantry**.
- Heat olive oil in a large, wide saute pan. Add chicken breast tenders to hot oil and saute 2 minutes on one side; flip and saute 1 minute on other side (may need to do this in two batches - add a little more oil if needed).
- Remove chicken to a plate. Put chopped onions and sliced mushrooms back into pan; stir and saute 5-6 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add French Onion Dip directly into sauteed vegetables; gently blend together. Return chicken to pan and allow everything to simmer about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is finishing, cook egg noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain noodles.
- Pour stroganoff mixture over cooked noodles; serve.