Recipe by eciserman
A recipe from a friend of mine. This is actually his mom's recipe, and tastes incredible when we use his special curry powder. Works fine with store bought curry powder too! The amounts of the spices are approximate, since he didn't actually give us specific measures.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- water, as needed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil, then add onion and fry until golden.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add a little water if mixture is very thick and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs, turn down heat to low, and allow to simmer for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.