Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
After yoga this morning I was craving a hearty breakfast and wanted restaurant style breakfast potatoes. I couldn't find a good recipe online for breakfast potatoes so I came up with my own. My boyfriend loved them and said they were really good served in combination with eggs over easy, turkey bacon, sliced apples and toast. I enjoyed mine with good-old ketchup and he had his with salsa. Try playing with the spices in your cupboard if you don't have the basics that I had stocked. Next time I might try a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit. This recipe could serve 4 hungry people.
- 3 russet potatoes (chopped and unpeeled)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml sea salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried marjoram
- 4.92 ml dried rubbed sage
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml paprika
- Place chopped unpeeled potatoes in a big pot and fill with water to about one or two inches above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add potatoes.
- Add Seasonings.
- Saute until crispy 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite style of breakfast eggs and enjoy!
Great potatoes! I made as directed but did not add any sage as I didn't have any on hand. Simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.