Recipe by Kansas A
This brandy recipe is so simple to make but it takes 3 months of flipping the gallon jar...it is soooo worthwhile tho'.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle vodka
- 1 gallon crabapples or 1 gallon apricots or 1 gallon cherries or 1 gallon blackberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Enough fruit to somewhat fill a gallon jar, (cherries, apricots, crabapples, etc.).
- Place fruit, any kind, into glass jar -- pits and all, just cut off the yucky parts.
- Add sugar and vodka.
- Set on your kitchen counter and flip it every day for three months. (If you put it away you'll forget about it!)
- The first few days I place the jar into a bucket in case my lid leaks, that way I can pour it back in and go hunt for a new lid. I put a sticker on it indicating the date it will be ready and "Up on even" if I happen to start it on an even day, you wouldn't believe how many times I've thought to myself "did I turn the brandy today?")
- In three months strain it through cheesecloth or a clean dishcloth or what have you, if you want it even clearer then strain it again through a paper coffee filter.
- Bottle it and wowee it's delicious! I do up a nice label on my computer and bottle it into smaller than micky bottles to tuck into my Christmas baskets.