Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not much to this, great for cold winter weeknights.
Make and share this Simple Black Beans and Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package kielbasa (sliced 1/2-inch thick) or 1 (14 ounce) package smoked beef sausage (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- white rice
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- To a pot on stove add: oil, garlic, onions, cumin, salt, pepper, sausage, beans and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use the back of a spoon to smash some of the beans. You don’t want to pulverize them, but you want to take a bunch of good smashes so that some of the beans are smashed, which will thicken the sauce.They will thicken more upon standing. If you want a more soupy consistency, just add a little more broth.
- Serve over rice--.
- Sprinkle with green onions, cheddar and sour cream if desired.