Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy and tasty midweek meal made with staple ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bacon, chopped
- 8 3⁄4 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 3 1⁄2 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 5 1⁄4 ounces creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion, garlic and bacon in the olive oil over a low heat until soft for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of slightly salted water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and pour over some boiling water to wash away the starch and prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Stir the mushrooms into the onion and bacon mixture and Saute for five minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche, season to taste and heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked tagliatelle. Serve immediately.
Very tasty pasta. I sauteed mine for quite awhile because I like the bacon a bit on the well done side. Very rich but enjoyed by all. Thanks! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.