Prep 8 mins
Cook 37 mins
From the BNF Nutrition Foundation website converted into US measurements. Easy enough for me to make... and healthy too!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, in 2 cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 vegetable stock cubes or 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cups water, boiling
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop the onion. Peel and dice carrot and potato. Slice leek. Cut celery into 1/2" pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry all the vegetables, except the potatoes, for 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water. Add the water to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve.