Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serves 8 as appetizer, 4 as main course - these are truly delish!
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked over to remove bits of shell and cartilage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- To make Aioli:.
- Combine 1 cup mayonnaise with 4 minced cloves garlic and ½ t salt,
- let stand while cakes are prepared.
- The Cakes:.
- Preheat over to 400, and spray sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, onion, red pepper, egg and salt and pepper. Fold in the crab meat gently with rubber spatula, until just combined.
- Gently form mixture into 16 mini-cakes, 1 inch thick.
- Place formed cakes on sheet pan. Bake cakes for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Run a spatula under them after 7-8 minutes to make sure they are not sticking.
- When cakes are golden, place under preheated broiler 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top.
- Remove from broiler and let stand for 5 minutes.
- To serve:
- Spread 1 T of aioli under each cake. Top cakes with 1 t aioli and sprinkle with fresh, minced parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Very delicious!. But i just don't taste the crab. Less garlic maybe? (& this is from someone who considers garlic an essential food group)