Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make in advance and reheat if you wish. Very good meal in one pot. Serve with fresh French bread so you can soak up the broth.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 3 1⁄2 lbs short rib of beef
- 4 medium onions, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 small carrots, whole
- 4 medium parsnips, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, pour beef broth over the short ribs.
- If the broth does not completely cover the ribs add water until the liquid covers them.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Skim off the foam as you are simmering.
- Add veggies (except the parsley) to the pot and cook until tender about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove meat& veggies arrange on a platter and pour a little of the beef broth over them and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Put the remaining broth on the table for personal preference.
This was a wonderful idea! The forecast is for 99 degrees today and the next five days higher, so I ran to the store when it first opened and fixed this to re-heat later. I had to leave out the parsnips since my grocery doesn't have them in the summer. It smells fantastic and tastes even better. We may actually have this for a late breakfast.