These are fabulous--big and soft. I am posting this here since the book that the recipe is in is 3 inches square, and the kid likes to take the book and hide it. These are the best molasses cookies I've had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter (I just put it in the microwave), and add sugar and molasses.
- 3Lightly beat the egg (or use 1/4 cup eggbeaters) and add to the butter mixture, and blend well.
- 4Sift the dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture(I use King Arthur Flour White Whole Wheat--it has the same texture of all-purpose).
- 5It will look wet.
- 6Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- 7Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the foil, 3 inches apart.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes, until the cookes darken.
- 9Remove foil from cookie sheet, and let the cookies cool on the foil.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Silver Palate Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g