Recipe by BigFatMomma
These are fabulous--big and soft. I am posting this here since the book that the recipe is in is 3 inches square, and the kid likes to take the book and hide it. These are the best molasses cookies I've had.
Top Review by kathleenpat
SO easy to make, no creaming, etc., and my family agrees they are the BEST! I've always used the foil because the Silver Palate specified using it. I never liked using it; standard size aluminum foil doesn't fit my cookie sheets well, and sometimes the cookies stick. Tried parchment paper today - HUGE success - better fit on the cookie sheet, and NO sticking.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter (I just put it in the microwave), and add sugar and molasses.
- Lightly beat the egg (or use 1/4 cup eggbeaters) and add to the butter mixture, and blend well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture(I use King Arthur Flour White Whole Wheat--it has the same texture of all-purpose).
- It will look wet.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the foil, 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the cookes darken.
- Remove foil from cookie sheet, and let the cookies cool on the foil.