Silver Palate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups of uncooked silver palate thick and rough oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter/margarine/Smart Balance on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add mixture to the buttery mix.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla to mix. Blend 1--2 minutes, or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in Silver Palate Thick and Rough Oatmeal and the remaining flour. Fold in the raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10--12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for posting this. You're right that it's the recipe on the SP's website, and it makes a good cookie. BUT: The recipe in the SP cookbook is a little different, and I think it makes a better cookie. I just checked it; main differences: 12 TB butter, not 16; only 2/3 c APF; 3 cups oatmeal; 2 TB water; 1 egg. The orig recipe makes a cookie that is less cake-y and almost "bend-y" / a bit lace-y. Cheers.