Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Photo courtesy of Almond Board of California Everyone likes pancakes. So I was quite happy when the Almond Board asked me to create a pancake recipe for them. I do have a couple of other gluten free pancake recipes, though I think this one is the best of the bunch! Hope you enjoy these high protein, gluten free pancakes made with almond flour as much as we have. http://www.elanaspantry.com/silver-dollar-pancakes/
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- grapeseed oil, for cooking
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and agave.
- Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Heat grapeseed oil on skillet over medium low to medium heat.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time onto the skillet.
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side.
- Remove from heat to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed.