Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I copied this recipe out of a magazine years ago (I think it was Sunset). I love all these ingredients so I knew I would love the salad. A great summertime meal.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 firm ripe avocados
- 3 quarts bite size pieces romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup slivered fresh basil leaf
- In a 8-10 inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake walnuts frequently until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl and add vinegar, olive oil and sesame oil.
- Pit and peel avocados, cut into 1/2 inch chunks and add to bowl.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, olives, cheese and basil and mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.