1/1 Photo of Sicilian Scampi (olive Garden Style)
Sauted shrimp in a garlic/onion butter and white wine sauce, poured over crunchy bread with olives, green onions and tomatoes to garnish. Who wouldn't like it? It's my brother's favorite item at the Olive Garden, I've never had it but fooling around in the kitchen he said it was very close to the actual thing. I like it, so yay me! I guess this clarifies as a copycat. I plan this as the main dish of a meal, but it normally is an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the loaf of bread on an angle, half an inch thick, at least 35 slices.
- 2Arrange 5 slices on serving plates so they face in like flower petals.
- 3(You can toast the slices if you like) Heat the butter in a large skillet until it's bubbling lightly.
- 4Add the garlic and the WHITE of the onions and cook for a minute.
- 5Add shrimp and cook until it's just done.
- 6Place a piece of shrimp on the bread closest to the center of the circle, any extra I put in the space left in the center.
- 7Add the wine and olives to the remaining garlic butter in the skillet and cook until it's lightly boiling.
- 8About 2 minutes.
- 9Spoon sauce over the shrimp and bread.
- 10Garnish with the tomatoes and the GREEN of the green onions.
- 11Serve with napkins and eat with your fingers.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Scampi (olive Garden Style)
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Sodium 858.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: