Recipe by Skooch
I've had this recipe for so long I don't remember where it came from.
Top Review by letarr
This dish is delicious and very easy to prepare. Penne Siciliano was my favorite dish at a little local Italian restaurant in Seattle, and I was sad when they closed their doors, as I've never seen this on another menu in a local restaurant. I substituted 3 cans of S&W Italian Recipe tomatoes (drained), added a little crushed red pepper, and used fresh Mozzarella. This recipe is a keeper that I will use again and again. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 6 -7 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb penne (or other like pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant and basil. Cook approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Add tomato/eggplant mixture to pasta; add mozzarella cheese and stir well.
- Serve immediately.