Hobo Hash (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed not peeled then cubed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the first 6 ingredients in the crock pot, mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the meat mixture, mix well.
- Cook on high for three hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 73 year old male. I live in the desert in Southeast Wasington. Yes, Virginia, Southeast Washington is Desert, Cacti, Sage Brush, Wile E. Coyote, the whole nine yards.The Columbia River flows through the middle of it and is its saving grace. Some of the jobs. I've held are Well Driller, Aircraft Machanic, Handyman, Electrician,Merchant Seaman, And most recently Long haul Driver.My hobbies are cooking, Kite making, and Good movies (plus anything that strikes my fancy) My first cookbook was Fanny Farmer Original Boston Cooking School Cookbook and its still the first of all of my cookbooks that I go to. It has the best Biscuit recipe going and the only change I make to its Cornbread recipe is to add a half teaspoon of Cayenne to bring out the flavor of the cornmeal. I injured my knee and have had the last year off and what I've done is go quietly mad. I'm now semi retired and try to figure out plan 'E'. A, B, C, and D phased out so it's time to move on, where, the hell ever, that is.