Recipe by Doxie lover in the Rock 2
Family recipe that goes way back. My mother said her uncle would always take a little of the meat and fry her a "hamburger" in the skillet as the rest were in the oven. It's a lot of work, but the results are way worth it. If you are going to make this, make a bunch and freeze it!!!! LOL
Top Review by steve in FL
Delicious Sicilian Meatballs! I did as instructed - baked for 20 minutes, then simmered in your Grandma's marinara for a few hours. These will be my new staple from now on. Thanks for posting them!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 small garlic cloves
- 2 small onions
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince or press the garlic, and chop the parsley into fine pieces (or you can cut the measurement and use dried parsley flakes).
- Grate the onion and place in a bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients above, except for the olive oil, and mix together in the bowl.
- Form balls into the size of golf balls and then dip your hand (or brush) in the oil and then rub it on the balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and brown at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- I usually add these to my marinara sauce, but you can eat them many other ways as well!