Recipe by gailanng
Cooking the beef with the sauce flavors the meat, while the honey in the sauce aids in caramelization. Cook's Country magazine.
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed, cut into thirds lengthwise, and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch, thick pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange zest and juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Combine beef and 1/3 cup orange juice mixture in a 12" non-stick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid has evaporated and beef is caramelized, about 15 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Add the remaining orange juice mixture and the snap peas to now-empty skillet and cook, covered, over medium heat until the snap peas are bright green, about 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the snap peas are tender, about 1 minute. Return the beef to the skillet and toss with the snap peas to combine. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with scallions. Serve.