Recipe by Loves2Teach
These are a southern twist on an old New England favorite, lobster rolls.
Top Review by Valerie in Florida
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. Loved it. The ONLY reason I did not give it 5-stars was because it was extremely spicy from the crab and shrimp boil. However, the avocado balanced it out perfectly and dh never even noticed. Thank you. I will definately make this again
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecrab and shrimp boil seasoning
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 French rolls, split
- 8 green lettuce leaves (optional)
- 3 avocados, cubed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 quarts water and crab seasoning to a boil in a dutch oven.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes, or until shrip turn pink.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel cooked shrimp, and decein if desired. Coarsely chop shrimp.
- Stir together mayo and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Stir together butter and garlic, and spread evenly on cut side of the bread halves. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until toasted.
- Line each roll with a lettuce leaf, if desired.
- Scoop shrimp mixture evenly on each roll.
- Top with avocado, if desired.